Why Hire Us To Replace Your Car Battery?
When replacing a car battery, it is good to hire a trusted and experienced company for your car to be always in good condition. In that case, car battery replacement normally requires some ideas concerning car battery replacement. In order to get these important ideas, it is good for you to approach a trusted car battery replacement company in order to give you some important tips concerning the replacement. For you not to experience battery problems in future, below are some of the helpful tips that a trusted company should provide whenever replacing a car battery. It includes the flowing;
How to fit your car battery
– Park your car on a flat and level surface the place should be also safe. Once you have parked your car, make sure to put on the hand brake and don’t forget to take your keys out of the ignition. You have to bear in mind that some of the vehicles may activate a central locking whenever replacing the battery, concerning that make sure to keep your car keys somewhere safe. To add on that also, don’t forget that you have to wear protective gloves and goggles. This is because car batteries contain acids which are highly corrosive to your skin.
– Before you replace your car battery you have to make sure that you have got all the available PIN codes and also settings especially for your electronic equipment like radios, satellite navigation and others. In fact there are some modern vehicles that have got systems that need to be reset once the battery is flat or may be when disconnected. It is advisable for you to look for an expert just in case you are unsure about it.
– Open the bonnet of the car and make sure to use the bonnet stay in order to keep the bonnet open.
– Locate the battery of the car the battery is usually under the bonnet. It can also be located in the boot or may be even under the seat. Another important thing to note do here is to check the owner’s hand book to get more information.
– Get rid of any covers or plastic trims from your car battery.
– Don’t forget to label your car battery cables for you not to get mixed up in the fixing process.
It is also very important to disconnect the negative battery connection before disconnecting the positive. Failure to do so may cause a serious damage to your vehicle’s electrical system.
– Ensure to loosen and also disconnect the battery negative cable clamp which is normally marked with a minus sign. Move the clamp away from the car battery post.
– Loosen also and disconnect the battery positive cable clamp and move also away from the car battery post.
– Once you are done loosening and disconnecting the cable clamps, remove clamps, screws or bars that may be holding your car battery in place and remove all the covers from your new car battery terminals.
– Reconnect and make sure to secure the positive cable clamp of your car battery. At this level, ensure the connection is a bit far down from the battery post.
– Remove any bars, clamps or screws holding the battery car in place and disconnect any available vents which are attached. After that, carefully lift the battery car out of your car and you have to know that the battery is somehow heavy, so it might require a helping hand.
– Now fit your new battery making sure that negative and positive posts are on their correct places. Connect any clamps, vent pipes, screws or bars that hold the car battery in place.
– Remove all the covers from your new battery terminals.
– Reconnect the battery and secure the battery positive cable clamp. Repeat the same process with the one for the negative clamp.
– Once you are done with the above process, your car is now ready to start.
Depending on the kind of level of equipment fitted, your battery specification may vary. In addition to that also, it may be helpful to make a note of numbers specifically on the existing car battery. Concerning that, you have to be much aware if it is the original battery type for your car.
On board computers sometimes require some procedures in order to be carried out whenever the car battery is replaced. It is advisable for you to check the owner’s manual. Another good alternative is to consult an experienced and qualified expert if you are not sure.
This normally helps in driving down fuel consumption hence saving you money especially on fuel and also lowering the impact of you driving on the environment. Stop –Start’ type of technology places higher demands on the car batteries. So, you should know that you have to pay more for these kinds of more sophisticated batteries.
This should be done in a responsible way. A trusted company should also play a role in disposing any replaced batteries, so you don’t have to worry about that since it will be done for you without you paying it.
In conclusion, whenever you are replacing your car battery, the above tips are best for you. Any company which offers this kind of service is recommended to be hired by anyone who requires car battery replacement.